Saturday, February 19, 2011

Serve a Cup of Memories

How we wake up to our favorite people each day!
Okay, so I stole this idea from my amazing sister in law, Maya. She made us the best gift ever! It's a photo travel mug. We liked it so much that our boys wanted one of their own for road trips. Maya came to my rescue again with personalized mugs for both boys. I have made several of these for my friends and family. Some of the occasions have been wedding, baby, father's day, grandparents day, and BFF just to name a few.

Supplies:
Create a photo mug (link below)
a ton of photos (smaller the better :)
adhesive (double sided tape works best)
Pretty paper (optional)
Stickers etc.

Directions: 
1.) Remove the insert from the mug and trace it onto the pretty paper.
2.) Plan your layout but remember that the outside edge will be overlapped by about 1/4"
3.) Glue or tape down photos.
4.) Curl template and delicately slide it back into the mug.
5.) Screw the bottom of the mug on TIGHT!!!! You don't want all of your hard work to go down the drain ;)

**She had to buy the boys tumblers from Micheal's because Starbuck's stopped carrying them in store. Here's the link in case you can't find one at your local coffee shop or craft store**

Starbucks  Tumbler link:
http://www.starbucksstore.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=271241

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my mug!!!!! I used it every day at work until the lid broke - but it's still on my desk because I LOVE it and the pictures are great! Thanks for such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you love it! I'm so sad the lid broke :(

    ReplyDelete